Sunday, March 4, 2012

Stupid Questions?

One of the biggest debates in history is whether or not there is a such thing as a stupid question. Some people would say the only stupid question is the one that is not asked. No that is just an unasked question. Doesn't make it stupid. Just makes it unknown to everyone except the one that wants to ask it. Some people would say that there is no such thing as a stupid question period because every question has a purpose. I only agree with the second half of that. Every question does have a purpose, but it doesn't mean it is a good or knowledgeable purpose. It just means that the question was asked for a reason. There is a such thing as a stupid question.  Asking me am I going to do something that I am required to do is asking a stupid question. Why? Because I have no choice but to do it. For example, if I dont go to work, I dont make money, and if I dont make money, then I don't have it to pay my bills, and not paying my bills results in me losing shit. Yeah that is not happening. Why ask me am I going to work? Unless I tell you otherwise I am going to work. Period. With that knowledge, it has now become a stupid question to me. See how that works? Some questions are asked for clarification. Yes the person kmows or assusmes he or she knows the answer to a question, but he or she asks anyway to get clarification. Not a stupid question. When we all know you know the answer to the question and ask it anyway, it has now become a stupid question. I'll let you know when a question is stupid. No bullshit. If I deem the question stupid, I probably wont even answer it. People think about what you are asking before you ask it. Its that simple. Asking a question that is retarded is annoying to the person you are asking it to. Be mindful of the questions you ask and if you feel it is stupid, at least let the person know you are about to ask a stupid question. Yes I do this, and I advise people to do the same thing. Stupid questions are out there people. You can't avoid being a victim, but you can avoid being a suspect. Don't think I know what I am talking about? Hey man...I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment